For two years, between 2000 and 2002, AOL execs cooked the books, bigtime. They inflated revenues by more than $1bn, through artificial barter deals, by booking one-time gains as advertising income, and by booking the entire gross amount of advertising contracts instead of just the commission element. The Washington Post exposed …
Good to see they're going after the guys at the top, not scapegoating some pencil-pusher in Accounting.
Something very wierd is happening
I can't fathom this out. For some inexplicable reason the criminals are being pursued through the court system, prosecuted and fined at punitive levels. Whatever next?
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR