For two years, between 2000 and 2002, AOL execs cooked the books, bigtime. They inflated revenues by more than $1bn, through artificial barter deals, by booking one-time gains as advertising income, and by booking the entire gross amount of advertising contracts instead of just the commission element. The Washington Post exposed …
Good to see they're going after the guys at the top, not scapegoating some pencil-pusher in Accounting.
Something very wierd is happening
I can't fathom this out. For some inexplicable reason the criminals are being pursued through the court system, prosecuted and fined at punitive levels. Whatever next?
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great