For two years, between 2000 and 2002, AOL execs cooked the books, bigtime. They inflated revenues by more than $1bn, through artificial barter deals, by booking one-time gains as advertising income, and by booking the entire gross amount of advertising contracts instead of just the commission element. The Washington Post exposed …
Good to see they're going after the guys at the top, not scapegoating some pencil-pusher in Accounting.
Something very wierd is happening
I can't fathom this out. For some inexplicable reason the criminals are being pursued through the court system, prosecuted and fined at punitive levels. Whatever next?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?