For two years, between 2000 and 2002, AOL execs cooked the books, bigtime. They inflated revenues by more than $1bn, through artificial barter deals, by booking one-time gains as advertising income, and by booking the entire gross amount of advertising contracts instead of just the commission element. The Washington Post exposed …
Good to see they're going after the guys at the top, not scapegoating some pencil-pusher in Accounting.
Something very wierd is happening
I can't fathom this out. For some inexplicable reason the criminals are being pursued through the court system, prosecuted and fined at punitive levels. Whatever next?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware