Craigslist has filed a blistering countersuit against rival and shareholder eBay, accusing the auction giant of a range of transgressions including abusing its role on classified ad site's board. Documents accuse the online tat seller of unfair and unlawful competition, false advertising, trademark infringement, unfair …
This is why you DON'T go public unless you want to sell out...
Every share of stock sold represents a little bit less control that you have. If you want to Rule With An Iron Hand Inside A Velvet Glove, then you don't go public.
Sure, you'll make less money; but the Craigslist guys are always telling us that it's not about the money...
I know corporate global brand names are somewhat... fraught with issues, but "kijiji" ?
some folks play too much golf and never seem to do the following;
"Hi Frank. I hear you got a new motor"
"Bought it off a feller I met online"
"oh aye? craiglist? ebay?"
"nah. keeje.. Kyjidge... ki... ? Uh, craiglist, yeah"
the only advantage I can see is that if ebay really did do the stuff CL is accusing it of, then they are in a sound place. I mean, you cant hide a papertrail that obvious, right? makes me wonder how CL didnt see it coming in the first place; I fail to believe ebay can be that legally stupid, yet also that cloak and dagger.
Paris, because even shes smarter than ebay right now.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network