Stormclouds could be forming over Research in Motion's headquarters - and for once we're not referring to the 3G iPhone. It has been claimed that the company will unveil a touchscreen BlackBerry in Q3. Although website BGR hasn’t shared the source of this information, the website claims the device is codenamed 'Thunder' and is …
My contract finishes in October - I wanted BlackBerry anyway so that's like a godsend!
Come on RIM can you release earlier so prices can go down a little before October ;)
My contract ends in September, so I will be looking for this too.
I personally think BBs beat iPhones as it is, with or without a touchscreen, but then I'm more of a browser than a music man anyway. But a touchscreen BB I could easily see doing well against the iPhone and I think the sometimes understated RIM have a realistic chance of putting up a good fight, if it wanted to in the first place!
Good to see ...
... that the iPhone is causing other vendors to up their game ... so should be good for customers, better specs, better GUIs and hopefully better prices all round!
Ok, I really don't care about touchscreen ... but this one means the BB can fight on even ground with the iPhone! w00t!!!
Even if I dislike the Jobsphere and the current state of Apple, I do agree that the iPhone seems to have sent handset manufacturers into an innovation spree. I just hope that the 9000's will be available when my contract finishes.... which will be 'till July 2009. Plenty of time! :)
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich