back to article Airbus revises A380 delivery schedule

Airbus has confirmed it's cutting the number of A380s due to be delivered in 2008 and 2009 - from 13 to 12 and 25 to 21, respectively. The company explains: "Airbus has completed the A380 programme review and is now informing customers about changes to its delivery schedule. The review assessed the programme status at the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gold badge

"......steep ramp-up planned in 2006 is not fully achievable"

...and they've only just f***ing noticed this?

Were the entire Department of Hindsight and Stating the Bleedin' Obvious on sabbatical at Airbus recently?

Dead Vulture

@TeeCee (And Airbus misManagement)

What can you expect when they let all the skilled workers go as it was cheaper to keep on the Bottom Neddys on low salaries rather than the more experienced "old"-timers who had half-decent salaries built up over years of loyal service...

I suspect they realised it some time ago, they just wanted to leave announcing it as late as possible in case a minor miracle occurred and someone (ie the workers) pulled the management's collective backsides out the fire (again...)

Dead bird cos... well, it's the A380 again, innit?

Not a good time to be choosing a plane

Obviously a major issue for the Reg's many plutocratic readers. Go with the butt ugly and delayed A380 or for the very pretty but extremely delayed Boeing 787.

Ah well, neither of them are as pretty or as fast as a VC10 anyway.

Anonymous Coward

@TeeCee

That statement looked strange to me too, but I think it means "...steep ramp-up planned in 2006 _TO_OCCUR_IN_2008_ is not fully achievable"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums