back to article Google-Yahoo! collects some strange enemies

A weird assortment of lobby groups has come out against Google and Yahoo! working together. Although there is no formal deal in place, lobbyists including the Black Leadership Forum (which represents 35 black activist organisations), the League of Rural Voters and the Corn Growers Association have written to the Justice …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. tardigrade
    Dead Vulture

Define Farcical.

This is descending into complete farce now. First the Borg can't buy something, then Yahoo!'s enemies enemy becomes their friend. yadda yadda yadda.

I've got an idea why don't Micropimp, Yahoo! and Google all merge into one company called Microhoogle! and then just STFU.

2. RickyTheRiot

Dirty Tricks?

You really have to hope that it's not dirty tricks being used here. Sure we all know that they happen in big business, but to hijack minority groups to do Microsoft's bidding? Surely even they aren't that low.

3. Neil Daniels
    Paris Hilton

Google-Yahoo

Hasn't this all happened before?

Paris just because...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

A monopoly you say?

"...They warn that any tie-up between the two companies would create an effective monopoly on internet searching."

C'mon! Does anyone really use Yahoo! to search?

5. Mike Crawshaw
    Happy

@RickyTheRiot

"Surely even they aren't that low."

HAHAHA!!!!

That was a true "mouthful of coke meet monitor" moment!

6. Aodhhan

Yahoo Tards

Yahoo! doesn't seem to understand they are making a deal with the devil. Google believes you should keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. So close, you can eventually take them over and knock out Yahoo!'s board of tards.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE:Yahoo Tards

right... because MS always so friendly only wanted to help yahoo by buying it...

what makes you think that yahoo isn't thinking the same and keeping their enemies closer?

8. Daniel B.

You'll pry my Yahoo out of my cold, dead hands

Really. I'd rather see a Google-Yahoo deal than let Microsopht take over Yahoo!. I think Google understands this, and would prefer to have its rival healthy than having to confront its archnemesis fused with Yahoo!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google and Yahoo Merger

Maybe the two companies can merge and call the new entity Google with the the "oo" coming from Yahoo in a symbolic representation of Google having taken their gonads.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like