Angry Motorola shareholders confronted the ailing firm's board over the company's poor performance yesterday, but left with little more than vague promises and estimated dates. The annual meeting in Chicago saw 350 shareholders turn up to ask why Motorola seemed incapable of producing a decent mobile phone, specifically one to …
I worked for Motorola for 11 years! Its downfall can be put firmly at the door of diddy management... too many a*se lickers and yes men floating to the top... not enough high calibre real managers.
The vast majority of high quality people left this sinking ship a long time ago!
(sigh) Motorola... an outstanding company ruined by diddy management. (sigh)
Compete with iPhone?
Why would anyone want to compete in such a small, pointless market?
Plus even if someone does manage to make hardware that has a significant edge over and Apple device, most of that market segment is populated by Apple lemmings, who will never switch over to a non-Apple product. Seems that Apple's marketing is good enough that it even distracts the boards of other companies.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users