Google is spearheading a volunteer workforce it hopes will become the centralized authority for responding to security issues in open source software. oCERT, short for the open source computer emergency response team, will aim to remediate security vulnerabilities and exploits in a wide range of open source programs by …
back door into AV
This could easily become Google back door into providing antivirus tools, for a small fee...
"aim to remediate security vulnerabilities"
Remediate? Really? That's one of the most clumsy and inelegant pseudo-words I've ever seen.
Remediating your use of dictionaries
n. The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency: remediation of a learning disability.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network