Google is spearheading a volunteer workforce it hopes will become the centralized authority for responding to security issues in open source software. oCERT, short for the open source computer emergency response team, will aim to remediate security vulnerabilities and exploits in a wide range of open source programs by …
back door into AV
This could easily become Google back door into providing antivirus tools, for a small fee...
"aim to remediate security vulnerabilities"
Remediate? Really? That's one of the most clumsy and inelegant pseudo-words I've ever seen.
Remediating your use of dictionaries
n. The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency: remediation of a learning disability.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?