Google is spearheading a volunteer workforce it hopes will become the centralized authority for responding to security issues in open source software. oCERT, short for the open source computer emergency response team, will aim to remediate security vulnerabilities and exploits in a wide range of open source programs by …
back door into AV
This could easily become Google back door into providing antivirus tools, for a small fee...
"aim to remediate security vulnerabilities"
Remediate? Really? That's one of the most clumsy and inelegant pseudo-words I've ever seen.
Remediating your use of dictionaries
n. The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency: remediation of a learning disability.
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!