Google is spearheading a volunteer workforce it hopes will become the centralized authority for responding to security issues in open source software. oCERT, short for the open source computer emergency response team, will aim to remediate security vulnerabilities and exploits in a wide range of open source programs by …
back door into AV
This could easily become Google back door into providing antivirus tools, for a small fee...
"aim to remediate security vulnerabilities"
Remediate? Really? That's one of the most clumsy and inelegant pseudo-words I've ever seen.
Remediating your use of dictionaries
n. The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency: remediation of a learning disability.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops