Feeds

back to article Carphone Warehouse cleared out of 8GB iPhones

Carphone Warehouse has rid itself of the 16GB iPhone, having sold out of the 8GB model last week. So did O2, which is now said to be down to its last few 16GB iPhones. CW's website was today showed the 16GB iPhone to be unavailable. When the site last week said the same of the 8GB version, the company quickly confirmed that the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

Next Month?

Pull the other one...

When asked 'Reduced to clear for 3G?' I got the reply MAYbe...

Happy

Why buy one now?

The reason why anyone would buy one today is that at £169 they're 30 quid cheaper than buying the equivalent sized ipod touch. Use ziphone and you can use it on any network, without signing up to a 35 quid a month O2 contract. Who cares about 3G?

Also, the Carphone Warehouse near our work still has stock of the 8gig model ...

Dan
Jobs Horns

of course

Of course they're gonna run out of the old ones as the new one comes out. Carphone Warehouse has probably stopped buying stock and the manufacturers have probably stopped making them. The fact that the iPhone is now effectively a discontinued model has somehow been spun into a massive sales triumph.

Jobs Horns

Price of 3G?

I'll be interested to see the price of getting the 3G version. Not the phone itself - but the contract. Although I'm a little uneasy about having bought the first version when it came out, as it will almost certainly date quickly, I have a feeling I'll be happier when I see how much the new contracts are :-)

Why would anyone buy an iPhone?

Nokia N95 blah blah, it costs £900 blah blah, its got a rubbish camera blah blah :-)

Its all o2 staff, i tell ye

At £100 an iphone, o2 staff were allowed to buy one for themselves and another for friends/family. Unlock it and put your staff simplicity sim in it (£10 pm for 1000mins & 1000texts) and take the data plan as your free bolt on, it really is a good bargain. Total it up and average that out over the typical term of 18 months and thats a £15 pm tariff with an 8gb iphone.

Not a bad deal, even if the 3g one is due out!

Anonymous Coward

erm, anyone tried callinga store

THere are loads of 16gb iphones, I just spoke to my mate and he says that they have sold maybe 1 16gb iphone this week, so unless they have stock of 5, I don't know how this is true

Thumb Down

who cares?

if i wanted a jesus brick for a grand i'd get praying. idiots please cue here

The Irish problem

All the 8 & 16GB iPhones have been sent to Ireland, where we will continue to buy them for massively inflated prices until we the the 3G model in two years time...

This topic is closed for new posts.