"While he may have been convicted by the court, that does not make him guilty."
- Yes it does. He's legally guilty, which is why we are allowed to call him a murderer in the Reg comments pages without the moderators getting all jumpy about libel and stuff.
"There have been miscarriages of justice before and there will be in in future too."
- You're right. Although to be fair, even though a body was never found and the evidence was 'only' circumstantial, there was an awful lot of it. Generally, if something looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's a duck.
"Also, by all reports Mrs.Reiser was not exactly Mrs. Goody Two Shoes."
- Maybe, I don't know, but that doesn't mean she deserved to die. You are sailing perilously close to the 'she was asking for it' argument with this one.
"I read Mr.Hans' post at the link given in the article and it seems to be a very polite and decent way of writing, and shows that he is much concerned for the Linux community in general."
- That's probably true as well, but murderers are people too. They can be nice or nasty like the rest of us. Perhaps he's a great guy most of the time and just topped his wife on an off day.
"Shame on you and fuck of.. you prats..."
- Point taken, but I think you are allowing your personal enthusiasm for the guy or his technology to cloud your thinking.