EMC's Mozy operation is building out a global set of inter-connected data centres to support multi-national enterprise customers and others. Mozy was acquired by EMC recently after building a successful online backup service for consumer and small business PCs. It was one of the first backup-to-the-cloud service suppliers and …
I use mozy for my home backup and their system is good - their software works well on Mac and PC. They give you 2GB free which I haven't quite reached yet, but I might consider paying for unlimited when I do.
They hide their free 2GB offer now (at least, I couldn't find it) but you can access it at http://mozy.com/free
Who could afford it?
8. Dell and MessageOne ?
Just $2.5 million a data centre?
I have to assume that EMC is planning on building out these DC's with something other than Symmetrix and Clariion.
Seems to scale well...
I did pay for the unlimited service. So far, they've got around 90GB of my data, and it's working nicely. I've done a few test restores, and they worked.
The Mac client is finally out of beta (though the beta worked for me without any issues).
@ AC point #8
Would Dell go up against EMC, with whom they're so tightly integrated?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star