EMC's Mozy operation is building out a global set of inter-connected data centres to support multi-national enterprise customers and others. Mozy was acquired by EMC recently after building a successful online backup service for consumer and small business PCs. It was one of the first backup-to-the-cloud service suppliers and …
I use mozy for my home backup and their system is good - their software works well on Mac and PC. They give you 2GB free which I haven't quite reached yet, but I might consider paying for unlimited when I do.
They hide their free 2GB offer now (at least, I couldn't find it) but you can access it at http://mozy.com/free
Who could afford it?
8. Dell and MessageOne ?
Just $2.5 million a data centre?
I have to assume that EMC is planning on building out these DC's with something other than Symmetrix and Clariion.
Seems to scale well...
I did pay for the unlimited service. So far, they've got around 90GB of my data, and it's working nicely. I've done a few test restores, and they worked.
The Mac client is finally out of beta (though the beta worked for me without any issues).
@ AC point #8
Would Dell go up against EMC, with whom they're so tightly integrated?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great