EMC's Mozy operation is building out a global set of inter-connected data centres to support multi-national enterprise customers and others. Mozy was acquired by EMC recently after building a successful online backup service for consumer and small business PCs. It was one of the first backup-to-the-cloud service suppliers and …
I use mozy for my home backup and their system is good - their software works well on Mac and PC. They give you 2GB free which I haven't quite reached yet, but I might consider paying for unlimited when I do.
They hide their free 2GB offer now (at least, I couldn't find it) but you can access it at http://mozy.com/free
Who could afford it?
8. Dell and MessageOne ?
Just $2.5 million a data centre?
I have to assume that EMC is planning on building out these DC's with something other than Symmetrix and Clariion.
Seems to scale well...
I did pay for the unlimited service. So far, they've got around 90GB of my data, and it's working nicely. I've done a few test restores, and they worked.
The Mac client is finally out of beta (though the beta worked for me without any issues).
@ AC point #8
Would Dell go up against EMC, with whom they're so tightly integrated?
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24