EMC's Mozy operation is building out a global set of inter-connected data centres to support multi-national enterprise customers and others. Mozy was acquired by EMC recently after building a successful online backup service for consumer and small business PCs. It was one of the first backup-to-the-cloud service suppliers and …
I use mozy for my home backup and their system is good - their software works well on Mac and PC. They give you 2GB free which I haven't quite reached yet, but I might consider paying for unlimited when I do.
They hide their free 2GB offer now (at least, I couldn't find it) but you can access it at http://mozy.com/free
Who could afford it?
8. Dell and MessageOne ?
Just $2.5 million a data centre?
I have to assume that EMC is planning on building out these DC's with something other than Symmetrix and Clariion.
Seems to scale well...
I did pay for the unlimited service. So far, they've got around 90GB of my data, and it's working nicely. I've done a few test restores, and they worked.
The Mac client is finally out of beta (though the beta worked for me without any issues).
@ AC point #8
Would Dell go up against EMC, with whom they're so tightly integrated?
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe