We'll admit that the WAN acceleration joint Blue Coat has largely been cruising under our radar, so when the company bought its rival Packeteer for $268m last week, we did a double-take. Being El Reg, of course, each individual take was filled with erudite contemplation. Here's a play-by-play recreation: First take: Holy #%@ $ …
If you're going to Moscow get us a Lada will yer
Thinking about it, the lack of guff about Blue Coat gracing this site is a minor surprise; they've long had a good story on filtering and app acceleration and been one of those less hawkish vendors - pretty rare in security. Bob Kent was a good larf too, still got my 'No monkey spanking' t-shirt somewhere. Thought you'd get on with them quite well really.
The best I.T marketing campaign for years?
No Monkey Spanking! Yes! Surely the best IT marketing campaign for years?
kill the box?
pipe multicast through one of these... or IPv6 tunnels.
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things