We'll admit that the WAN acceleration joint Blue Coat has largely been cruising under our radar, so when the company bought its rival Packeteer for $268m last week, we did a double-take. Being El Reg, of course, each individual take was filled with erudite contemplation. Here's a play-by-play recreation: First take: Holy #%@ $ …
If you're going to Moscow get us a Lada will yer
Thinking about it, the lack of guff about Blue Coat gracing this site is a minor surprise; they've long had a good story on filtering and app acceleration and been one of those less hawkish vendors - pretty rare in security. Bob Kent was a good larf too, still got my 'No monkey spanking' t-shirt somewhere. Thought you'd get on with them quite well really.
The best I.T marketing campaign for years?
No Monkey Spanking! Yes! Surely the best IT marketing campaign for years?
kill the box?
pipe multicast through one of these... or IPv6 tunnels.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders