Poor old Teradata - the data warehouse kingpin and lord over real-time global toaster inventory information. First it gets attacked by a host of data warehouse appliance makers, trying to undercut it on price. And now it's being hit by buzzword-based business models from those firing up DaaS (data warehouse as a service) systems …
words between the buzz
This looks so good, I read it twice to make sure I didn't understand it.
In my corner, we are less looking for sophisticated real-time analysis, and more at sorting through garbage for useful titbits.
- can we outsource our SAP business warehouse? - 10 minutes wait for query-on-demand sounds great, our offshore developers turn one around in 3 months.
- if rules processing is minimised, perhaps it can provide insight into multiple flags meaning almost the same thing to different departments.
- getting results without rules processing sounds even better.
Still, your advertising machine threw up some interesting suggestions, thanks. I guess that is what buzzwords are for.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean