Samsung and Sony will fund an extra eighth-generation LCD production line to be run by the two consumer electronics giant's S-LCD joint-venture company. The new line won't go into operation until Q2 2009, the pair admitted, but when it does it's expected to punch out 60,000 2.5 x 2.2m panels each month. These 'motherglass' …
I've had a thought.
"......will be cut down into the screens used in LCD TVs"
Or they could save themselves the cost and effort of doing so and just ship me a 2.5m telly on the cheap. I won't mind, honest.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops