Samsung and Sony will fund an extra eighth-generation LCD production line to be run by the two consumer electronics giant's S-LCD joint-venture company. The new line won't go into operation until Q2 2009, the pair admitted, but when it does it's expected to punch out 60,000 2.5 x 2.2m panels each month. These 'motherglass' …
I've had a thought.
"......will be cut down into the screens used in LCD TVs"
Or they could save themselves the cost and effort of doing so and just ship me a 2.5m telly on the cheap. I won't mind, honest.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins