No man can serve two masters. Or at least things get tricky while trying to please both. Take EMC boss Joe Tucci who in the same earnings call called thin provisioning "mandatory in the storage landscape," and also "way overplayed." EMC's quarterly results conference call Wednesday posed an interesting dilemma for Tucci. While …
Virtual Provisioning Please
It's called Virtual Provisioning in the EMC world.
That should be "CLARiiON", not "Clarrion". No one knows how EMC got the names for their devices: Symmetrix, CLARiiON, Centerra, Celerra, but it is rumoured that they are the names of the alien travellers that brought the advanced Alien Technology used inside of all EMC equipment (mainly dilithium crystals).
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action