No man can serve two masters. Or at least things get tricky while trying to please both. Take EMC boss Joe Tucci who in the same earnings call called thin provisioning "mandatory in the storage landscape," and also "way overplayed." EMC's quarterly results conference call Wednesday posed an interesting dilemma for Tucci. While …
Virtual Provisioning Please
It's called Virtual Provisioning in the EMC world.
That should be "CLARiiON", not "Clarrion". No one knows how EMC got the names for their devices: Symmetrix, CLARiiON, Centerra, Celerra, but it is rumoured that they are the names of the alien travellers that brought the advanced Alien Technology used inside of all EMC equipment (mainly dilithium crystals).
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders