No man can serve two masters. Or at least things get tricky while trying to please both. Take EMC boss Joe Tucci who in the same earnings call called thin provisioning "mandatory in the storage landscape," and also "way overplayed." EMC's quarterly results conference call Wednesday posed an interesting dilemma for Tucci. While …
Virtual Provisioning Please
It's called Virtual Provisioning in the EMC world.
That should be "CLARiiON", not "Clarrion". No one knows how EMC got the names for their devices: Symmetrix, CLARiiON, Centerra, Celerra, but it is rumoured that they are the names of the alien travellers that brought the advanced Alien Technology used inside of all EMC equipment (mainly dilithium crystals).
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed