back to article Verizon calls itself 'innovative'

Verizon continues to insist that its wireless network will soon be open. Yesterday at Sofcon, a Silicon Valley conference dedicated to "The Mobile Future", everyone from New York Times columnist David Pogue to Nokia CTO Bob Iannucci took a swipe at the big-name wireless carriers, accusing these closed-minded giants of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Get back to me when it's happened.

I hear production of cellulosic ethanol and 90%-efficiency solar cells and MEMs data storage are due to be released in just a few months, too.

Well, they did just win this Innovation Award.....

..... quite a prestigious award in fact.

http://gita.org/resources/news/press_releases/3_2008-verizon_innovator_award.asp

Gold badge

True 'dat

Yeah, I'm with Eugene on this one. I mean, MAYBE VZW will have some kind of change of heart, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have VZW, the service is great, but I expect there to be some catches. So far the one concrete thing has been VZW says they will allow non-VZW phones, as long as an example of that model is sent to VZW's lab and certified. What will the cert cost? And will there be some freaky per-MB/minute rates for the "open access" plans? Maybe, but that's what remains to be seen.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums