Yahoo's recent dalliance with Google's search advertising business may be getting a little adult supervision from US trust busters, who are concerned it could violate antitrust law. According to Reuters, Justice Department chaperons are investigating Yahoo's test of Google's ad engine. Recently, the two companies signaled their …
Google and Y! must be scared sleepless. NOT.
If the DOJ's handling of MS is anything to go by, the DOJ watchdogs have rubber teeth and nothing will happen until the EU does something.
Maybe having a DOJ inquiring into Yahoo! would discourage Microsoft? Maybe that's what G & Y! want...
The funniest thing in this matter so far was about two weeks ago when Microsoft was complaining that no one should be allowed 90% of a market.
Still waiting to see what happens when folks start drawing parallels between Googl-Hoo's combined share of the search/ad market and Microsoft's share of the PC OS market.
Surely, Microsoft doesn't believe that a monopoly is *always* a bad thing.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip