Yahoo's recent dalliance with Google's search advertising business may be getting a little adult supervision from US trust busters, who are concerned it could violate antitrust law. According to Reuters, Justice Department chaperons are investigating Yahoo's test of Google's ad engine. Recently, the two companies signaled their …
Google and Y! must be scared sleepless. NOT.
If the DOJ's handling of MS is anything to go by, the DOJ watchdogs have rubber teeth and nothing will happen until the EU does something.
Maybe having a DOJ inquiring into Yahoo! would discourage Microsoft? Maybe that's what G & Y! want...
The funniest thing in this matter so far was about two weeks ago when Microsoft was complaining that no one should be allowed 90% of a market.
Still waiting to see what happens when folks start drawing parallels between Googl-Hoo's combined share of the search/ad market and Microsoft's share of the PC OS market.
Surely, Microsoft doesn't believe that a monopoly is *always* a bad thing.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft