Archos has unveiled a suction cup cradle to turn its 605 Wi-Fi PMP into a satnav. It's also launched an add-on for its TV+ to turn the media centre unit into a Slingbox-style TV streamer. The GPS in-car holder is simply a suction cup with an integrated GPS pick-up that holds the 605 PMP and allows it to receive GPS signals. The …
I was going to buy one of these (maybe not this exact model, but an archos).. until I realized that I would have to spend another couple hundred dollars in add-ons and upgrades before it did what I wanted. I think I'll pass.
(Charging for an internet browser? f'k off.)
To be fair...
Opera will be charging _them_ :)
It works if you realise the archos ISN'T amazingly cheap, it's just modular... with all options and gizmos it costs the same as competitors. The advantage is, you just pay for the ones you want.
eg I have no interest in random apple-sponsored codecs, I transcode all my media before transfer and save myself the licensing fee
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity