Archos has unveiled a suction cup cradle to turn its 605 Wi-Fi PMP into a satnav. It's also launched an add-on for its TV+ to turn the media centre unit into a Slingbox-style TV streamer. The GPS in-car holder is simply a suction cup with an integrated GPS pick-up that holds the 605 PMP and allows it to receive GPS signals. The …
I was going to buy one of these (maybe not this exact model, but an archos).. until I realized that I would have to spend another couple hundred dollars in add-ons and upgrades before it did what I wanted. I think I'll pass.
(Charging for an internet browser? f'k off.)
To be fair...
Opera will be charging _them_ :)
It works if you realise the archos ISN'T amazingly cheap, it's just modular... with all options and gizmos it costs the same as competitors. The advantage is, you just pay for the ones you want.
eg I have no interest in random apple-sponsored codecs, I transcode all my media before transfer and save myself the licensing fee
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders