back to article Logica cuts 1,300 jobs

Logica will cut 1,300 jobs as part of a restructuring announced by chief executive Andy Green this morning. Green has been reviewing the firm since he took the top job in January. Some 500 posts will go in the UK. In Europe, where growth has been stronger, two per cent of jobs will go. The services company will take a one-off …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Grant

This guy's got some fresh new ideas!

1) CEO arrives

2) CEO wants to make an impression

3) CEO decides to save some quick money

4) CEO sells buildings & rents, and/or starts offshoring

5) CEO hits bonus target

6) CEO leaves

7) Company makes crap software and/or has no more buildings to sell

8) Spiral

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Logica aka LogicaCMG aka logica

Two extracts from their website:

"a Performance Multiplier Plan is being proposed, which is designed to give an additional incentive to about thirty to forty of the top executives"

"A primary conclusion of the business review is that Logica’s overhead structure is high compared to industry peers"

30 to 40 executives I think is known as "too many chiefs (earning FAT salaries) and not enough indians.

I worked there for 7 years - nothing changes. The longer I am away from them, the more I like it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No change then...

Logica cutting jobs? This is news?

- Anon., Logica Cuts of '07

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: This guy's got some fresh new ideas

Question - Is that better than the old CEO "Doctor" Read who:-

1) Headed up Logica for years,

2) Took FAT salary for years

3) Cut staff to "reduce overheads"

4) Moaned on the front page of computer mags that he could not get good staff to look after customers (they were all made redundant or left because of crap pay rise policy, Martin).

4) Got booted out with FAT payoff.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I demand a recount

A few clicks away is a PDF that gives the current personnel count of 39,000 heads (compared to over 40,000 a year ago).

P.S. Since Logica has been cutting its logo, can we now get back the CMG brand name and the Enterprises.3830 SNMP OID, please?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Round the roundabout one more time!

Only time will tell if this makes a difference - but the stock market wasn't impressed earlier today ... and it sure feels like we've all been here before.

7. Mike

Not Bother About Cut Jobs...

the people should not bother too much about cutting jobs. In todays market, lots of other jobs options are available. There are lots of jobs sites which are helping us to find better opportunity and lots of consultants are there to help in finding gud jobs. Some of my favorite jobs websites are jobs.com, indeed.com , naukrihub.com

This topic is closed for new posts.