WAN optimization specialist Blue Coat is to lay down a hefty $268m to purchase its rival, Packeteer. The proposed deal comes after Packeteer rejected an unsolicited bid from hedge fund firm Elliott Associates LP in early March to purchase the company for $200.6m. Elliott owns about 9.8 per cent of Packeteer, and said it made the …
I liked Packeteer's Packetshapers. They ROCK!!! This is really too sad. I'm sure BlueCoat will absorb all that's awesome about the Packetshaper, then kill it off. Stupid corporate bastards, why can't they leave stuff alone?
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix