WAN optimization specialist Blue Coat is to lay down a hefty $268m to purchase its rival, Packeteer. The proposed deal comes after Packeteer rejected an unsolicited bid from hedge fund firm Elliott Associates LP in early March to purchase the company for $200.6m. Elliott owns about 9.8 per cent of Packeteer, and said it made the …
I liked Packeteer's Packetshapers. They ROCK!!! This is really too sad. I'm sure BlueCoat will absorb all that's awesome about the Packetshaper, then kill it off. Stupid corporate bastards, why can't they leave stuff alone?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack