WAN optimization specialist Blue Coat is to lay down a hefty $268m to purchase its rival, Packeteer. The proposed deal comes after Packeteer rejected an unsolicited bid from hedge fund firm Elliott Associates LP in early March to purchase the company for $200.6m. Elliott owns about 9.8 per cent of Packeteer, and said it made the …
I liked Packeteer's Packetshapers. They ROCK!!! This is really too sad. I'm sure BlueCoat will absorb all that's awesome about the Packetshaper, then kill it off. Stupid corporate bastards, why can't they leave stuff alone?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests