WAN optimization specialist Blue Coat is to lay down a hefty $268m to purchase its rival, Packeteer. The proposed deal comes after Packeteer rejected an unsolicited bid from hedge fund firm Elliott Associates LP in early March to purchase the company for $200.6m. Elliott owns about 9.8 per cent of Packeteer, and said it made the …
I liked Packeteer's Packetshapers. They ROCK!!! This is really too sad. I'm sure BlueCoat will absorb all that's awesome about the Packetshaper, then kill it off. Stupid corporate bastards, why can't they leave stuff alone?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan