Sony has put the display panel used in its 3mm-thick 11in OLED TV on a crash diet and produced a version that's less than a third of the thickness - not much beefier than a sheet of A4 paper, in fact. OLED_thin_sony Sony's OLED panel: just 0.3mm thick Image courtesy Impress The new panel is just 0.3mm thick - rather less …
New PSP? Walkman?
3.5" is more like the size of screen on a handheld console or mp4 player. Couple it with the right electronics, and that's where we're more likely to see these, clearly.
If the MARGIN is so little in a LCD/PLASMA that is 4 to 6 inches deep, is a OLED nice solution to a problem thats been already addressed? I have yet to have a customer want to pay anymore for a half inch thick display.
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months