Sony has put the display panel used in its 3mm-thick 11in OLED TV on a crash diet and produced a version that's less than a third of the thickness - not much beefier than a sheet of A4 paper, in fact. OLED_thin_sony Sony's OLED panel: just 0.3mm thick Image courtesy Impress The new panel is just 0.3mm thick - rather less …
New PSP? Walkman?
3.5" is more like the size of screen on a handheld console or mp4 player. Couple it with the right electronics, and that's where we're more likely to see these, clearly.
If the MARGIN is so little in a LCD/PLASMA that is 4 to 6 inches deep, is a OLED nice solution to a problem thats been already addressed? I have yet to have a customer want to pay anymore for a half inch thick display.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...