back to article Pub jukebox delivers playlists, blogs and twitters

Next time you're approaching the pub you might be able to grab your mobile and cue up some appropriate entrance music, if your local has the latest jukebox service from TouchTunes. The premise is simple - using a network-enabled jukebox and allowing mobile-phone access to it. But TouchTunes goes a great deal further by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Worth

In my opinion

"hard to fault it as a device of inanity"

No it isn't, it's incredibly easy, considering this is perhaps one of the most pointless innovations I've heard of. So I can check what tracks have been selected on the jukebox from my mobile.....so if any Britney Spears in on the queue, I can go to a different pub?

Wow, sorry, let me close my mouth which has slipped open in awe.......

2. Shaun Rodger
    Paris Hilton

"Touchtunes"?

I'm actually surprised Apple's lawyers haven't been sniffing around that one...

3. GrahamT
    Happy

How long would it last...

when some joker phones in a death metal playlist to Ye Olde village local ?

- or Gangsta Rap to the local BNP hangout?

- or C&W to the biker pub?

All accompanied by their videos.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cyber cafes selling alcohol

Instead of sitting in a bar doing nothing, how about allowing alcohol be sold at other places, such as cyber gaming cafe's. (Common in Asia, they have lots of PCs with networked games, you play together on these games, rather than internet surfing).

Many a fine nights has been spent drinking wine and the wife and I playing with my Wii for our mutual pleasure. Tinkering with knobs, me pushing her buttons for her. It would be an extra thrill to do that in public, in front of other people. Perhaps with the other people joining in too? I could push their wives buttons while they play with my knob.

Oh, and serve alcohol and snacks and make it a night out.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Minority Report, take 2?

"Hey, Mr Cruise, love the new eyes! We've got the perfect suit for you on sale, and there's a great new cocktail you're just gonna love!

"To get you in the 'Happy Hour' mood, we've lined up a few songs you like - "Gimme that ole time hokey religion", "You have Betty Davis' eyes", "A Mite at the Oprah" and the remake of the old Blondie classic, "Got your tagging from your telephone"...

On a slightly more useful note, all you need is for the "jukebox" to query every phone that comes through the door and copy the numbers to a widget at the fire evacuation point (and delete them when you leave, natch), and if there's a fire, it can give you a rough idea of who should be there and whose about to become part of the menu...

And there'd be no more searching for your mates through the dim smoky atmosphere, either - the 'box would announce your arrival, so the gits could sneak out the back as soon as it announces your entrance...

6. Iain
    Alert

Um...

...because we need this service? Why?

Or am I being totally ignorant and should really realise it's another jamster squeezing hard signed-on-for money out of Joe Chav. So why do I care? *Arrogance*

7. Seán

Juke Box wars

There should be a kill feature on jukebox playlists. If it costs x to play a tune it'll cost 2x to kill it from the queue. Tantrums will lead to stupid amounts of money going into the jukebox instead of once were warriors style slaps. The landlord can keep 10% of the war loot and the rest goes to charity.

I hereby declare this notion patent by publishing it in the reg comments section at 5 in the morning.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like