Under its new owner, Sun Microsystems, MySQL will remain true to its Linux roots and won’t be pulled towards Solaris or become overshadowed by the Solaris-distributed Postgres. Former chief executive Marten Mickos told Uberpulse that MySQL would stay focused on Linux, which accounts for the majority of its business (Windows …
It's the other way around surely?
I'm more concerned that progress will be slowed for Postgres. Our customers seem to prefer MySQL, but internally we've needed a more reliable database. Yes MySQL has improved of late, but upgrading Pg is preferable to porting to MySQL.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why