Nvidia has rolled out its GeForce 9800 GTX graphics card, a couple of weeks later than anticipated. It also formally unveiled the nForce 790i series of chipsets. The 9800 GTX contains 128 unfied shaders running at 1688MHz - the GPU's core as a whole is clocked to 675MHz. The chip connects to 512MB of GDDR 3 memory over a bus …
The 9800Gtx has been available in retail stores in Australia for a week.
It's about $375 in a cheap shop - thats a lot less than 200 UK pounds. Performance is better than the 8800GTX, but not a lot better. It's 512mb memory is blamed for it not being quicker in some games.
Word is that the replacement to the 9800GTX, due by Xmas, is a LOT quicker.
Think I'll wait...
...for the 1gb version. It'll probably be a bit cheaper by then as well.
Id wait as well
As benchmarked by hexus it does not out perform the 8800GTX it is actually worse in some cases which is scary.
I'd wait til nvidia get 55nm GPU's out. It might help quieten the loud fans.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action