Google's ban on projects licensed under the Affero GPL license has claimed its first victim. The ClipperZ online password manager has defected to rival code host SourceForge. ClipperZ said it was transferring from Google Code to SourceForge because it wanted to use AGPL. The AGPL-licensed Orangemesh open source dashboard server …
...thought it was banning afros and I would need a haircut
PH coz she doesn't have an afro...come on, we've all seen it!
I thought it said banning aeros, nothing comes between me and my chocolate!
List of free software licenses
The GNU project has a suitable list of free software licenses, which may be more appropriate than the OSI list, if they're dragging their heels on the AGPL.
Also, GNU Savannah provides Sourceforge-like hosting for AGPL projects. If freedom is an issue, as seems to be the case here, then Savannah is an ideal place for projects to get hosted.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS