Google's ban on projects licensed under the Affero GPL license has claimed its first victim. The ClipperZ online password manager has defected to rival code host SourceForge. ClipperZ said it was transferring from Google Code to SourceForge because it wanted to use AGPL. The AGPL-licensed Orangemesh open source dashboard server …
...thought it was banning afros and I would need a haircut
PH coz she doesn't have an afro...come on, we've all seen it!
I thought it said banning aeros, nothing comes between me and my chocolate!
List of free software licenses
The GNU project has a suitable list of free software licenses, which may be more appropriate than the OSI list, if they're dragging their heels on the AGPL.
Also, GNU Savannah provides Sourceforge-like hosting for AGPL projects. If freedom is an issue, as seems to be the case here, then Savannah is an ideal place for projects to get hosted.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars