The only thing worse than competing with Intel in the x86 market is competing with a chip that doesn't work quite right. And so the saga of Montalvo Systems continues, according to our information. The internet is littered with Montalvo job postings, seeking help with the bring-up, validation and verification of complex …
Is this exactly what Nvidia wants in its fight against the G/CPU's of AMD/Intel
I do believe so. Damnit, at the rate this is going, my next machine might actually be made entirely out of Nvidia components where availble.
"close to buying" ?
Surely, *surely* if Sun wanted the tech it would be easier and cheaper to wait until Montalvo croaks, and then purchase the bits of the carcass that they want?
why not AMD
seriously AMD would be more interested in a better x86 given their current woes
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it