The only thing worse than competing with Intel in the x86 market is competing with a chip that doesn't work quite right. And so the saga of Montalvo Systems continues, according to our information. The internet is littered with Montalvo job postings, seeking help with the bring-up, validation and verification of complex …
Is this exactly what Nvidia wants in its fight against the G/CPU's of AMD/Intel
I do believe so. Damnit, at the rate this is going, my next machine might actually be made entirely out of Nvidia components where availble.
"close to buying" ?
Surely, *surely* if Sun wanted the tech it would be easier and cheaper to wait until Montalvo croaks, and then purchase the bits of the carcass that they want?
why not AMD
seriously AMD would be more interested in a better x86 given their current woes
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...