Whether you’re hoping to envelop your ears in music, or just block out the sound of a screaming baby, Sony's latest cans could be the answer. The electronics giant claims to have released the world’s first pair of digital noise-cancelling headphones. Sony_1206545453978 Sony's digital noise cancelling headphones: a world first …
not exactly hard to do, mind you
to cancel out noises, one channel needs to have the waveform inverted. so, left or right channel would be inverted. This would cancel out everything. so, you have a mic on one side with a dsp that inverts the sound waves and throwing that into one ear. Then the headphones play whatever you want them to. pretty low tech actually
in theory yes...
But reality is never that simple - the DSP chip needs to get the delay right (hence the 4 modes I suspect) and not introduce any noise of it's own while still catering for a wide dynamic range. 99% is hard to believe - although one expects the 'tag' to come down a notch some something that is such an old idea?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars