There's nothing wrong in theory with a vendor that caters to large corporations having a crack at the consumer market. Yet perhaps in being so dependent on the colossal proportions of Brobdingnag, one loses a true sense of scale for the outside world. Ditching metaphors: data centers are willing to spend a lot on hardware. Your …
Sorry, can't think of a title right now
So according to sina.com, the average salary in China is 25,000 yuan, which means that they will have to spend half a year's salary on a storage device?
The Chinese love success, they love it, and nothing says I'm successful like a big brand toy. Except maybe a beautiful wife and a beautiful mistress.
As to average salary think - lots of people are living subsistence life styles land to mouth. Whilst other people are living pure consumerist city life styles only seen in places like Tokyo. This toy will be aimed at the second chunk of the population.
30,000py6 for an entry model? With prices like that, you'd think that they think that they're apple.
Something just doesn't fit here
Conspicuous consumption by the wealthy in China is on fashion, cars and entertainment. Storage devices are pretty much the antithesis of this, and in such purely functional areas the Chinese are exactly that- functional. They're certainly not stupid enough to spend multiples of the going rate for home NAS.
Looks tough but...
I bet it won't survive a Chinese car crash.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you