back to article Canon Digital Ixus 960 IS compact camera

The latest offering from Canon, the Digital Ixus 960 IS offers no less than 12.1 megapixel performance. But, as we shall see, offering more pixels means paying a price when it comes to certain aspects of performance. We have to say, the Ixus 960 is one of the nicest cameras we’ve seen, with a titanium body and sleek finish – …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jonathan
    Pirate

Shooting food

"Shooting food on a white plate caused problems for the Ixus 960..."

Gauntlet: "Remember, don't shoot food..."

2. J

Oh, yeah...

The megapix war... I'd rather have a 5 Mpix camera with a better lens (like 12x optical zoom with a large maximum aperture) than this pretty 12 Mpix toy.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Wide?

36mm at the wide end? Not wide at all! Poor show from Canon.

4. Dafydd Lawrence

RE: Wide?

Canon do another range - with exactly the same features but less megapixel (for now), no viewfinder but 3" LCD, and no titanium body that can shoot at 28mm equivalent. It is the IXUS 870 IS (or maybe the 860, Canon's numbering differences between US, Japan and Europe are ridiculous)

5. John

I don't see the point

Either spring the extra for a 400D (I love mine) or 450D, which can take pictures very quickly and can be used like a point and shoot, or get a smaller compact for half the price.

6. Roger Lee

I don't see the point either

You can get a G9 for less than this, if you want a compact, or a 400/450D as John points out if you'd rather go a little upmarket. Or even an A650IS (very similar to the G9, but without RAW mode and a small number of bells and whistles, but MUCH cheaper).

I don't see what this offers, apart from being an IXUS with 12MP...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like