You've always felt you haven't got the full gaming experience, right? You wanna wear the armour, carry the weaponry... that kind of thing. The 3rd Space FPS sensory gaming vest might be of interest then. The 3rd Space FPS Vest, first seen last year, looks somewhat ironically like a stab-proof jacket, and is hooked up to an air …
Nintendo Power Glove
At times like this I flash back to the Angry Video Game Nerd's review of the Nintendo Power Glove. "I love the Power Glove... it's soooo bad. And I mean... baaad." etc
Expected as much
I've been waiting for a review of this, not to see if its worth buying, but to see exactly how pointless it is.
Kinda like that ridiculously overpriced Phillips AmbiX kit that blows air in your face, this is something we'll look back on in a few years and go "what were they thinking!?"
According to the Firebox page, the vest works with:
* Crysis™ (Retail Version 1)
* Halflife 2™ - Episode 1 (Steam Version)
* Halflife 2™ - Episode 2 (Steam Version)
* Medal Of Honor Airborne™ (Retail Version)
* F.E.A.R™ (Retail Version 1.0)
* Enemy Territory Quake Wars™ (Retail Version)
* Quake 4™ (1.4.2)
* Doom 3™ (1.3.1)
Which isn't THAT bad a roster of action titles. The 3rd Space Incursion game does have a familiar ring to it, though... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-Movie-Box-Set-Thirdspace/dp/B00026VYCU
Why not just build in rumble pads? Yes, they will themselves be a little bulky, but it's a tried and tested feedback mechanism that should feel right.
Either that or make some piezo electric "thwackers" that just clunk hard when activated.
Really like the idea though, so long as it's properly directional, would make for quicker bad guy localisation than a flashing screen
Rather a waste of time.
This vest heightens the gamer's experience with respect to body blows at the expense of (for example) headshots. Illogical.
Y'all know it's still March right?
Let me get this straight - a vest. With wires coming out of it. On the Reg.
What, does it come with a warning :
"Do not use if -
1. You suffer from epilepsy; or
2. You look foreign"
It's not April until tomorrow!
Being PC only isn't going to reduce the possible buyers by much. The only people who would have bought it anyway are rich idiots and gaming fanatics. I think you'll find that even those among those groups who have a mac also have a pc; or at the very least dual boot, the state of mac gaming being what it is.
to continue your list, you know fine well there will be a "3. you suffer heart conditions"
Anyone fancy starting a sweep stake on how long it'll be before someone sues them for inducing a heart attack or embolism??
Other ways of achieving the same thing
And here are some tips for more realism when playing other types of games:
1. When playing a racing game, have someone stand behind you and move the chair as you steer.
2. When playing a fighting game, ask a friend to whack you in the head with a cricket bat every time your on-screen avatar takes a hit.
3. For gambling games, throw the contents of your wallet out the window if you loose.
I remember reading about this a while ago.
I reckon, if you have dive tanks, hook them up instead of the compressor and up the pressure a little.
Best of all, no waiting for the pressure to build up, and no compressor noise. Should last quite a while.
Will they be coming out with a helmet for head shots and underwear for the below the belt shots?
Battlefield 1942/2 etc
What happens if you get blown up by a tank? ://
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball