back to article Elpida hikes DRAM prices 20 per cent

The last time DRAM chip prices fell into a money pit, in 1999, the big four memory makers dug themselves out by working as a team over the next three years. OK, so it was price-fixing: understandable, but illegal. Samsung, Elpida, Hynix and Infineon were caught out - and in 2005 had to cough up $730m in fines. Later they dropped …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

Am I the only one wondering...

...where's the freetard angle?

PH in the absence of a "freetard?" icon.

Paris Hilton

Warg

Wasn't there something in the news about Rambus recently? Some kind of lawsuit that they won? Or is my brain firing blanks again? I suspect it is firing blanks.

Anonymous Coward

but shirley

+10% then +10% = 21% increase

100 + 10 = 110 + 11 = 121

Or am I missing something...

anyway, Is it pricefixing with public cartel meeting?, just dont mention the war...ehh

There has always been chronic supply issues with RAM, business model works like this, make loads, sell expensive, fail to sell it cut price, not sold enough cut price again, and again, and once more, now it sells below cost and outdated. Where as if they sold it day one at a reasonable markup instead of overinflated and prices were stable not always tumbling, people might buy when they wanted instead of waiting till the price was reasonable...

Go

Thre real question...

Is where is the Editard angle.

I figure we can get a script for Firefox that -tards every noun so that we can properly browse El Regtard.

sam

Bring in the 4gb laptop and 8gb desktop modules

I want to add more ram and ssds to my computers , but ssd are too expensive and sodimms abd desktop ram are available in 2gb capacity only. Wish these companies increased density and reduced costs, thereby helping themselves and us consumers instead of just trying to sell the same old obsolete product at a high pricepoint

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums