Intel today introduced two 45-nanometer, low voltage server processors to outpace its previous generation of 65nm energy-efficient wares. The quad-core Xeon L5400 series is up to 25 per cent faster than the preceding chips while keeping power consumption at a 50-watt thermal envelope, Chipzilla says. L5400 chips come in two …
what about AMD?
Can someone please tell me how i can compare this to a CPU produced by AMD?
Re: what about AMD?
Gone with the wind they be.
Intel have well and truly outpaced AMD in recent years, certainly in the low to mid end server business.
Although I would like to see direct comparisons.
What, no Sun?
"...Dell, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, IBM, and NEC...." Are they counting on AMD fixing Barcelona or just late to the party (again)?
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad