Intel today introduced two 45-nanometer, low voltage server processors to outpace its previous generation of 65nm energy-efficient wares. The quad-core Xeon L5400 series is up to 25 per cent faster than the preceding chips while keeping power consumption at a 50-watt thermal envelope, Chipzilla says. L5400 chips come in two …
what about AMD?
Can someone please tell me how i can compare this to a CPU produced by AMD?
Re: what about AMD?
Gone with the wind they be.
Intel have well and truly outpaced AMD in recent years, certainly in the low to mid end server business.
Although I would like to see direct comparisons.
What, no Sun?
"...Dell, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, IBM, and NEC...." Are they counting on AMD fixing Barcelona or just late to the party (again)?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great