When Fujitsu puts its MHZ2 BJ 320GB laptop hard drive on sale at the end of June, it'll be a world-first, the company chirped today: the first ever 2.5in 320GB HDD that spins at 7200rpm, apparently. Easy to say that now, we'd point out, but there's still the best part of three months for a rival hard drive maker or makers to …
My only concern would be the heat it generates if not the power consumption. Really I believe a LOT more effort needs to go into making SDD's large, fast, reliable and above all cheaper.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'