When Fujitsu puts its MHZ2 BJ 320GB laptop hard drive on sale at the end of June, it'll be a world-first, the company chirped today: the first ever 2.5in 320GB HDD that spins at 7200rpm, apparently. Easy to say that now, we'd point out, but there's still the best part of three months for a rival hard drive maker or makers to …
My only concern would be the heat it generates if not the power consumption. Really I believe a LOT more effort needs to go into making SDD's large, fast, reliable and above all cheaper.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass