IBM is putting some of its financial muscle behind the business trying to rival Sun Microsystems' MySQL, pushing PostgreSQL. The systems giant and a trio of VCs have pledged $10m in the latest round of funding for EnterpriseDB. That brings the start-up's total funding to $37.5m. The size of IBM's commitment has not been …
Perhaps the PostgreSQL project should give these guys two fingers and simply call themselves PostgreSQL++
This is an example of brand identity theft.
Sun and Postres
what everybody seems to be forgetting is that Sun also sells and supports PostgreSQL, so it isn't really competing against Sun... both postgres and mysql are part of Sun's stack
also, I agree with AC... this EnterpriseDB keeps saying their product is Postgres and that is opensource, when they only take the real Postgres, add some non-opensource stuff and sell it
IBM is not funding the postgres opensource DB, it's funding the closed enterpriseDB who knows for what...
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp