Well, well, well, Sun Microsystems worked DARPA over for some SPARC funding after all. The server maker today celebrated a $44m contract to produce optical chip-to-chip connections technology for the Defense Department's R&D unit. The official line on this arrangement has Sun taking $44.29m over five and a half years to produce …
We love DARPA, we do.
Without Darpa there'd be no internet, and as a consequence, no internet porn.
Oh! and there's this, which one of my team mates thought was trick photography.
There, fixed that for you!
The end result should eventually be modest-sized servers housing another company's CPUs that boast what we would consider today as supercomputer class machines, providing Sun can actually get the tech out the door before Intel or IBM get it nailed.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't