Well, well, well, Sun Microsystems worked DARPA over for some SPARC funding after all. The server maker today celebrated a $44m contract to produce optical chip-to-chip connections technology for the Defense Department's R&D unit. The official line on this arrangement has Sun taking $44.29m over five and a half years to produce …
We love DARPA, we do.
Without Darpa there'd be no internet, and as a consequence, no internet porn.
Oh! and there's this, which one of my team mates thought was trick photography.
There, fixed that for you!
The end result should eventually be modest-sized servers housing another company's CPUs that boast what we would consider today as supercomputer class machines, providing Sun can actually get the tech out the door before Intel or IBM get it nailed.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack