The Eclipse Foundation's announcement of a runtime project got a lot of coverage, as the one-time tools-centric initiative moved deeper into runtime deployment and management. OSGi on mobile was one area that generated particular interest at EclipseCon. And not just any mobile: we're talking Google's Linux-based Android. …
Eclipse3.1.2/Equinox is also the core of the WebSphere Application Server 6.1
I've written a lot on this for IBM magazines and a RedBook (to be published soon), but Eclipse 3.1.2 / Equinox / OSGI is also the core of WAS, and provides benefit to its architecture. Check out the plugin and configuration directories, and the OSGI console shell script in the bin directory...
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones