The Eclipse Foundation's announcement of a runtime project got a lot of coverage, as the one-time tools-centric initiative moved deeper into runtime deployment and management. OSGi on mobile was one area that generated particular interest at EclipseCon. And not just any mobile: we're talking Google's Linux-based Android. …
Eclipse3.1.2/Equinox is also the core of the WebSphere Application Server 6.1
I've written a lot on this for IBM magazines and a RedBook (to be published soon), but Eclipse 3.1.2 / Equinox / OSGI is also the core of WAS, and provides benefit to its architecture. Check out the plugin and configuration directories, and the OSGI console shell script in the bin directory...
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence