The Eclipse Foundation's announcement of a runtime project got a lot of coverage, as the one-time tools-centric initiative moved deeper into runtime deployment and management. OSGi on mobile was one area that generated particular interest at EclipseCon. And not just any mobile: we're talking Google's Linux-based Android. …
Eclipse3.1.2/Equinox is also the core of the WebSphere Application Server 6.1
I've written a lot on this for IBM magazines and a RedBook (to be published soon), but Eclipse 3.1.2 / Equinox / OSGI is also the core of WAS, and provides benefit to its architecture. Check out the plugin and configuration directories, and the OSGI console shell script in the bin directory...
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes