The Eclipse Foundation's announcement of a runtime project got a lot of coverage, as the one-time tools-centric initiative moved deeper into runtime deployment and management. OSGi on mobile was one area that generated particular interest at EclipseCon. And not just any mobile: we're talking Google's Linux-based Android. …
Eclipse3.1.2/Equinox is also the core of the WebSphere Application Server 6.1
I've written a lot on this for IBM magazines and a RedBook (to be published soon), but Eclipse 3.1.2 / Equinox / OSGI is also the core of WAS, and provides benefit to its architecture. Check out the plugin and configuration directories, and the OSGI console shell script in the bin directory...
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Mounties get their man: Heartbleed hacker suspect, 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER