The Eclipse Foundation's announcement of a runtime project got a lot of coverage, as the one-time tools-centric initiative moved deeper into runtime deployment and management. OSGi on mobile was one area that generated particular interest at EclipseCon. And not just any mobile: we're talking Google's Linux-based Android. …
Eclipse3.1.2/Equinox is also the core of the WebSphere Application Server 6.1
I've written a lot on this for IBM magazines and a RedBook (to be published soon), but Eclipse 3.1.2 / Equinox / OSGI is also the core of WAS, and provides benefit to its architecture. Check out the plugin and configuration directories, and the OSGI console shell script in the bin directory...
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle