Feeds

back to article HP CEO asks investors to do more

Okay, okay. The stock market is as stable as Steve Jobs at an Egos Anonymous beef-only barbecue. The irresponsibility and greed of the very firms controlling Wall Street have resulted in plummeting stock prices and a crippled housing market. But, you know, CEO Mark Hurd would like everyone to pause for a moment and consider how …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Pirate

SMART and getting SMARTer ...... The QOS* Meme/Topology/Map/StarChart/Private Chat

"But frankly, you haven't noticed enough." Probably and/or CEO Mark Hurd wasn't HyperRadioProActive enough. That would all depend on though whether he and HP are into AI Virtualised Forces/Fields/Force Fields/Field Force Fields? CyberIntelAIgent Commend 42 Command Controls.

* Quantum Operating System

Silver badge
Thumb Down

HP is Overvalued

So, Hurd says "We think our stock is undervalued based on our performance"

Well, maybe if he saw the 13,500 hits for Googling "never buy hp" he might get an idea what the rest of the world thinks of his company and its products.

(Yes, I have just had to replace an prematurely faulty (and/or artificially obsoleted) HP printer. And, you bet, I didn't replace it with another HP.)

Clients may have noticed.

that HP is short and reverse for POOH.

Bought a scanner that happens to be rubbish. Paid 700 euros the piece and scans of slides are out of focus, the software is rubbish, the enclosure is not airtight so dust gets in, the support and sales are crap.

Any printer/scanner driver ought to be considered as bugs-meware, resourcegreedyware or connecttoHPware.

I got an Epson for 150 euros that does WAY better.

Who the heck stopped the "GetReallityGrasp" server to the HURD????

Coat

Might have something to do with profit

Maybe I am crazy, but most investors purchase stock that is profitable. Maybe HP's problem has something to do with their 0.7% DIV/Yield and 2.93 EPS as compared to their main competitor IBM who has a 1.4% DIV/Yield and 7.18 EPS. Pretty much explains why HP's stock is selling at a bit under half of IBM's price. Maybe Hurd needs to go to a finance 101 class instead of complaining to his investors. Either that or become a better marketing company like Apple.

Mines the one with the stock market for dummies book in the pocket.

Silver badge

@Franko

Actually, no.... investors do not purchase stock with high yield, but with high prospects, usually... Therefore his claim the stock is under-evaluated, which means "It's going to go up soon! Don't miss the train!"

Both 1.4% and 0.7% are waaay under what investors hope to get in a normal year.

Of course, the investors might have changed their habits recently...

This topic is closed for new posts.