EMC will soon reveal a new OEM partner for data de-duplication in its boxes, according to several industry reports. It's believed that the storage firm tapped Quantum to help get a data redundancy-busting edge over market leader, Data Domain. Quantum's kit uses de-dupe software picked up from the acquisition of ADIC in 2006. …
Is it me or ...
... does the headline look like something amanfromMars would come up with?
The alien, for obvious reasons.
At last EMC wil have something that will get them to shut up about Avamar - which is a poor comparison to Data Domain as well as exceedingly expensive and cumbersome.
It is a poor comparison. Apples with Bananas isnt a comparison.
Once they get some sort of dedupe into their VTL boxen then they will have something thats similar.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout