EMC will soon reveal a new OEM partner for data de-duplication in its boxes, according to several industry reports. It's believed that the storage firm tapped Quantum to help get a data redundancy-busting edge over market leader, Data Domain. Quantum's kit uses de-dupe software picked up from the acquisition of ADIC in 2006. …
Is it me or ...
... does the headline look like something amanfromMars would come up with?
The alien, for obvious reasons.
At last EMC wil have something that will get them to shut up about Avamar - which is a poor comparison to Data Domain as well as exceedingly expensive and cumbersome.
It is a poor comparison. Apples with Bananas isnt a comparison.
Once they get some sort of dedupe into their VTL boxen then they will have something thats similar.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs