EMC will soon reveal a new OEM partner for data de-duplication in its boxes, according to several industry reports. It's believed that the storage firm tapped Quantum to help get a data redundancy-busting edge over market leader, Data Domain. Quantum's kit uses de-dupe software picked up from the acquisition of ADIC in 2006. …
Is it me or ...
... does the headline look like something amanfromMars would come up with?
The alien, for obvious reasons.
At last EMC wil have something that will get them to shut up about Avamar - which is a poor comparison to Data Domain as well as exceedingly expensive and cumbersome.
It is a poor comparison. Apples with Bananas isnt a comparison.
Once they get some sort of dedupe into their VTL boxen then they will have something thats similar.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't