EMC will soon reveal a new OEM partner for data de-duplication in its boxes, according to several industry reports. It's believed that the storage firm tapped Quantum to help get a data redundancy-busting edge over market leader, Data Domain. Quantum's kit uses de-dupe software picked up from the acquisition of ADIC in 2006. …
Is it me or ...
... does the headline look like something amanfromMars would come up with?
The alien, for obvious reasons.
At last EMC wil have something that will get them to shut up about Avamar - which is a poor comparison to Data Domain as well as exceedingly expensive and cumbersome.
It is a poor comparison. Apples with Bananas isnt a comparison.
Once they get some sort of dedupe into their VTL boxen then they will have something thats similar.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass