Toshiba has knocked ¥100bn ($1bn/£498m/€639m) off its full-year pre-tax earnings, blaming not only the elimination of its HD DVD operation but also falling Flash prices. The Japanese giant had previously forecast income of ¥350bn for the full year to 31 March, the company's 2007 fiscal year. It said sales would total ¥7.8tr. …
So in other words it didn't actually lose $1bn ditching HD-DVD because loss in their flash business is included in that figure as well even if it wasn't a major part? :p
The cost of bribes to slash and burn pricing to ebay landfill or the price of shame for faltering in front of Sony. World's most unlikely winner in any format war (just ask the internet) unexpectedly wins after making large bet with entire games console division as the wager, internet falls quiet on news prepares for new lolcats commentary.
PH because she knows both how to inflict shame on her family while also being personally impervious to it herself cf. pop career, smutty video infamy, owner of the second most papped minge ... etc
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth