Manufacturer Thomson has designed a stylish wireless home phone supporting VoIP and Dect. However, the Symbio has enough additional features to leave you wondering how everything fits into its skeleton-like look. Symbio_thomson Thomson's Symbio: VoIP, Dect and SMS in one The Symbio uses a stylised traditional phone design, …
But if only they'd used flat transducers, it would have been even more so.
Why Thomson isn't Apple
It looks cool - but why on earth do I want to use my telephone as a radio? And as an alarm clock? This is just sticking extra 'features' in because they can - and the fact that they will all be rubbish, and the UI will be painful is lost on them. "Hey it makes toast - cool". Well no actually - what would be cool is you concentrated on making it do the one thing it's supposed to do well.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung