Filming during a beach party or on board a boat means placing your camcorder at risk of an nasty H2O overdose. Thankfully, Panasonic has realised that water-resistant cases aren’t always suitable and has created a fully waterproof rugged recorder. Panasonic_SDR-SW20EB-R Panasonic's SDR-SW20EB-R: water-, drop- and dust-proof …
Is it worth it?
Panasonic's underwater camcorder is apparently only 0.41 Megapixel at about £300 quid. For about the same cost (possibly less) I'd just use my existing mini-DV camcorder with a water proof case; with the benefits of higher resolution and ability to go a little deeper in water. Probably wouldn't help if I dropped it though. I like some Panasonic stuff, but I question this one.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates