Feeds

back to article O2 signs up with Napster

O2 UK has signed a deal to give its customers access to the Napster (Light) music download service, though punters will have to pay an additional 20 pence to use the service from their mobiles. The service will be available on 30 handsets though the O2 Active portal, with tracks costing 99p each and being delivered in two …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Subscription?

They should implement the Napster software in the all-you-can-eat mode so that you can stream to the device, like Musicstation.

Musicstation is a good idea, but it's not well integrated into the OS on my N95 (e.g. when I have the phone on silent, it won't output to the earphones; standalone app) and the software constantly looks for a connection (i.e. you can't use it in flight mode or abroad) and can also take a longtime to download tracks even when in a 3.5g area.

It's a great idea and I would use it a lot if the software was a bit better.

@Terry Ellis

"They should implement the Napster software in the all-you-can-eat mode so that you can stream to the device, like Musicstation."

See, from your post, I'd assume that this is a shit service that doesn't work. Besides which, I seem to remember (not 30secs ago), reading in the article that there are a few differences here.

See if you can spot them.

This topic is closed for new posts.