Business leaders have broadly welcomed Alistair Darling’s first Budget, but said the government still has a way to go to rebuild trust after last year's CGT debacle. Employers’ organisation the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), which earlier this week called for an overhaul to the tax system, described Chancellor Darling …
we are to give him credit for f*cking up things a little less than he could have done?
Yeah, right, speaking as a SME, Darling/Brown are no friends of mine.
who cares what small biz groups think anyway
Speaking as a citizen with an interest in pushing the child anti-poverty agenda, I only wish he'd gone further. There's too much indulging of whining "SME" proprietors and they really ought to scoop up much more from wealthy people.
Speaking as a citizen
... are there no Workhouses?
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring