Business leaders have broadly welcomed Alistair Darling’s first Budget, but said the government still has a way to go to rebuild trust after last year's CGT debacle. Employers’ organisation the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), which earlier this week called for an overhaul to the tax system, described Chancellor Darling …
we are to give him credit for f*cking up things a little less than he could have done?
Yeah, right, speaking as a SME, Darling/Brown are no friends of mine.
who cares what small biz groups think anyway
Speaking as a citizen with an interest in pushing the child anti-poverty agenda, I only wish he'd gone further. There's too much indulging of whining "SME" proprietors and they really ought to scoop up much more from wealthy people.
Speaking as a citizen
... are there no Workhouses?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...