back to article Critical Outlook and Excel bugs star in March Patch Tuesday

Microsoft released four updates on Tuesday as part of its regular Patch Tuesday update cycle. The quartet of updates - all critical - concentrates on Microsoft Office and addresses 12 distinct vulnerabilities. The most pressing of these (MS08-014) covers patches for Excel against vulnerabilities that have become the focus of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. R Callan
    Linux

Best option?

I would have thought that the best and safest option would be to toss these known dangerous programmes and replace them with similar ones that have far fewer vulnerabilities.

I found that Mepis works very well at a very good price. :>)

2. N

Lookout!

will they ever get it right & deliver, what the customers should have received in the first place without this endless round of patching?

3. Rob
    Stop

Yeh great but it broke....

Windows Vista Media Centre

Cannot start service now as get error "Class not registered" - all I did was apply these security patches, it was working fine beforehand.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Here they come...

The myriad of Linux "I told you so's"

5. David L Hughes
    Gates Horns

March Updates

Hmmmmmm ... I've got an old copy of Office on my machine and all I got in my March Updates (yesterday (3-11-08) was the March Malicious Software Removal Tool. I wonder why?!

6. Mike Morris
    Gates Horns

Patches Location

@David L Hughes

The office patches are located on a different system. Google Officeupdate and click the office update for your version.

Mine have never been included on windows update. Always had to check if there were office updates separately.

Cheers,

Mike

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Stop adding code....

MS Office was complete in 2000. If they spent their resources making that code base faster & more secure we wouldn't have this kind of crap. People want simple and reliable, not flashy and buggy.

This topic is closed for new posts.