Small businesses in the UK have an optimistic view of the future, according to the Annual Small Business Survey, with 65 per cent looking to grow their business over the next 12 months, and less than 30 per cent expecting to shut up shop, or sell out, over the same period. Competition is still the biggest barrier to growth, with …
We're a small business
And we are looking to grow over the next 12 months (well you have to, don't you). We are in an extremely competitive market, and over-regulation and taxation is holding us back. Recruiting the right staff bothers us, but we do have the right premises.
Having the latest technology doesn't bother us- having technology that works in a cost-effective manner DOES.
All this applies to probably 90% of SMEs AFAIK, even Paris knows that.
Nice to see
things have not changed from the beginning of time. You know one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I would wager a fiver of any money you like that this will be the case with small business for as long as humans are on this planet.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging