Ougoing Malaysian chief minister Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon asked that a £150m contract for upgraded police radios be awarded to Motorola in a confidential letter to the country's Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Motorola had apparently threatened to abandon the country, causing 10,000 job losses immediately before …
What's the Teapot angle?
Bill, you need to learn about development economics. There is nothing underhand about it. This sort of thing is normal practice in developing countries, whether tax-free status, subsidies or other concessions. Kudos to Koh Tsu Koon. I have lived in Penang for 9 years and I am no fan of his. But he has recognized reality in this case.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it