Ougoing Malaysian chief minister Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon asked that a £150m contract for upgraded police radios be awarded to Motorola in a confidential letter to the country's Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Motorola had apparently threatened to abandon the country, causing 10,000 job losses immediately before …
What's the Teapot angle?
Bill, you need to learn about development economics. There is nothing underhand about it. This sort of thing is normal practice in developing countries, whether tax-free status, subsidies or other concessions. Kudos to Koh Tsu Koon. I have lived in Penang for 9 years and I am no fan of his. But he has recognized reality in this case.
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- Video WATCH the SILENT DEATH of mystery SPACE CRUMBLE asteroid