Ougoing Malaysian chief minister Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon asked that a £150m contract for upgraded police radios be awarded to Motorola in a confidential letter to the country's Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Motorola had apparently threatened to abandon the country, causing 10,000 job losses immediately before …
What's the Teapot angle?
Bill, you need to learn about development economics. There is nothing underhand about it. This sort of thing is normal practice in developing countries, whether tax-free status, subsidies or other concessions. Kudos to Koh Tsu Koon. I have lived in Penang for 9 years and I am no fan of his. But he has recognized reality in this case.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait