Ougoing Malaysian chief minister Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon asked that a £150m contract for upgraded police radios be awarded to Motorola in a confidential letter to the country's Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. Motorola had apparently threatened to abandon the country, causing 10,000 job losses immediately before …
What's the Teapot angle?
Bill, you need to learn about development economics. There is nothing underhand about it. This sort of thing is normal practice in developing countries, whether tax-free status, subsidies or other concessions. Kudos to Koh Tsu Koon. I have lived in Penang for 9 years and I am no fan of his. But he has recognized reality in this case.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests