back to article eBayer offers carbon fibre-clad Eee PC

If you're a fan of Asus' elfin Eee PC and you want to stand out from the crowd without having to wait in line for the larger, 8.9in model, how about a standard unit kitted out in carbon fibre instead? One enterprising eBayer is offering just that: an Eee covered in the hi-tech material and with a memory and storage upgrade under …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Pricey, but...

400 notes is a lot but some phwoar factor!

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Not that bad a price

Allowing for the SSD & Memory upgrade, cost of C/F . This isn't a bad price for the time it must of taken to make.

Pirate

Now showing at £339 + P&P

Allegedly, this is being supplied with OEMs of Windows XP SP2 and Office 2003. Given that the former is probably worth about £47 (looking at current pricing) ex VAT and the latter (even assuming the most basic version) about £100 plus, is anyone else looking at this and thinking (taking into account the base cost of the Eee and then the cost of the upgrades) "HOW hooky is that...?"

All it neds [sic] now is..

A huge and totally unnecessary spolier and a large bass speaker and every 17 year boy in the land will want one.

Unhappy

Coming next: the Burberry Eee.

Looks to me like someone's been to Halfords/Ripspeed and got some 'carbon fibre effect' stick-on tat-film.

Thumb Down

Stick-on carbon fibre?

Looks awfully like somebody's taken an ordinary eee and added some tacky carbon fibre effect stick-on vinyl.

But....

.... how does it perform on the beach?

wheres the eeepc girl

eh???

Mo
Coat

But...

Just think of the carbon footprint!

Thumb Down

Stickers...

hmm yes brinks a whole new meaning to desktop wallpaper.

has someone been watching too much blue peter? sticky back plastic job goes too far. looks good in pictures but peels off a week later.

Thumb Up

That...

...is beautiful.

Make one with the full english keyboard and the 9" screen and I will buy.

Thumb Up

Re: Pricey, but ...

Definitely a looker - given that carbon-fibre sheeting is fairly expensive stuff, I don't think that the £400 price tag is that excessive.

Also, considering that carbon-fibre can be a real bugger of a material to work with (tried making some carbon-fibre mudguards for one of my bikes a few years back - picking carbon splinters out of your fingers gets old fairly quickly) it's a fair price - kudos to the guy who did it.

Gold badge

It has Windows on it

That'll surely limit it's price and usefulness. Windows doesn't like small screens (480 high).

Unhappy

Bring Back

Bring back the Eepc girl !

Stop

wrong price

hi,

i am the seller of this eee, the article has a sserious mistake in regards to the price, the price is £339 plus £29 postage.

thanks for the promo anyway!.

dan

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums