NextIO has been stealthing away down in Austin, Texas, flying under the radar of most server customers. You can, however, be sure that the major server vendors know about this small shop. The start-up last week revealed a $19m funding round led by Adams Capital Management and Crescendo Ventures. That cash infusion brings NextIO' …
Seems like a natural fit for Sun blade chassis
Strikingly similar to what is already there on the Sun blade chassis. This should plug right in the back of the Sun blade chassis. virtualized PCI express IO for the blades would be something Sun needed yesterday.
No free lunch
This is the usual story about IO virtualization: one wire to rule them all. NextIO's claims are just like many others. Which unified wire do they use ? Looking at the management's background, I would say Infiniband since most of them comes from RIP Banderacom. However, doing the virtualization at the PCI Express level is a bad move as its flow-control is too tight to allow for contention. If they stretch that part of the spec, who knows what else they relax.
It's a crowded space, but I just don't get the PCI-E angle.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE