A brash Cathay Pacific pilot has been sacked after an unauthorised wheels-up, low-level flypast in a new Boeing 777-300ER. Well, he did get permission from the air traffic control tower, but the sacking was based on the fact that he didn't get it from his employers. You lot had a good old argy-bargy over whether it was fair, and …
One Yard High Club?
I guess the senior execs on the plane didn't have time to unbutton their zip to ensure they got in the Guinness book of records.
"How low can you go?" asks the senior exec.
"Chihuahua" came the speedy reply.
Tex Johnston did this with the first 707 (Dash-80)
See it. This is how you sell aircraft, and the plane doesn't recognize the inverted attitude as long as 1G is maintained through the roll.
Pilots and Footballers
"I reckon he maybe got a bit pissed-off with being patronised by the management, bossed about, given conflicting ordered and made to log everything for marketting statistics and had generally had enough of his job anyway."
Sounds reasonable. That's what I've always reckoned Zidane did.
Here I have all the tools I *DON'T* want in the job. The problem is in firing the bastards without too much legal hassles !!
There's always the chance the pilot might do the Great Loop, inducing weightlessness, and making them whoop up their fancy lunches !!
And if he really was a great pilot, he could do an Immelmann !! Their fancy lunches will come out both ends !!
"Here at El Reg if you last three hours without skiving off down the pub you're rewarded with a trip to the local. ®"
1. where do apply?
2. what are your contingency pans for the extremely unlikely event that someone actually manages it and you are forced to give them the promised reward? do you have insurance to cover that eventuality?
A trip to the local what?
Even if it's a pub it doesn't make any mention about the existence of a tab.
Three hours on, four days off sounds bloody great to me though. Do I need a journalism degree or just the ability to prune stories from the AP feed?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout