Now that HD DVD is effectively dead, Sony is going on the Blu-ray offensive and targeting potential customers with a specialist PlayStation 3 starter pack for film fans. According to a number of online reports, the pack consists of a 40GB console and Blu-ray versions of the films Spiderman 3, 300 and Casino Royale. Sadly, Sony’s …
Be nice if they chucked in the official remote too. Then it feels like a proper movie system.
Expect a rounding down
The current, nothing free at all, pack costs €400 already, so I imagine these bundles will stay £299 in the UK shops.
Personally, I suspect I'll go for Movietyme's "£399 for a bundle with Spidey 3 and 9 other movies of your choice" offer, but part of me is tempted to hang on until the DualShock gets thrown in instead of the obsolete SixAxis, given the extortionate price Sony have announced for a standalone controller.
Nice idea, but...
Why not scrap the SixAxis in the pack totally, and include the Bluetooth remote control, if this really is a movie pack.
That would make perfect sense. And if someone subsequently wants to game on it, then they can buy a SixAxis...
Why not make a remote that is any good.... why did they feel the need to turn things on their head with a Bluetooth remote.. i will have to buy some stupid USB dongle to make my Harmony Remote work properly as EVERY OTHER DEVICE i have is infra red only and works perfectly well.
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things