Those enterprising folks at Game Cube Linux (GC Linux) claim to have developed a proof of concept version of Linux running natively on the best-selling Nintendo Wii games console. The software exploits the Twilight Hack, a quirk in some versions of the Zelda game that lets external software to be loaded without performing …
Time to pick up a copy of Zelda...
I've got an Xbox softmodded to run XBMC- it's pretty much the centre of my living room experience. It was only moddable by using one of the Mechcommander discs that allowed a similar Linux hack to the one described here.
So come pay day it might well be time for me to pick up a copy of Zelda for safe keeping, till Wii homebrew progresses... my Wii, a USB hard disk and XBMC would be an incredible little living room addition..
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY