Those enterprising folks at Game Cube Linux (GC Linux) claim to have developed a proof of concept version of Linux running natively on the best-selling Nintendo Wii games console. The software exploits the Twilight Hack, a quirk in some versions of the Zelda game that lets external software to be loaded without performing …
Time to pick up a copy of Zelda...
I've got an Xbox softmodded to run XBMC- it's pretty much the centre of my living room experience. It was only moddable by using one of the Mechcommander discs that allowed a similar Linux hack to the one described here.
So come pay day it might well be time for me to pick up a copy of Zelda for safe keeping, till Wii homebrew progresses... my Wii, a USB hard disk and XBMC would be an incredible little living room addition..
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'